Friday, February 09, 2007

Karlin's Notebook: Pain Sufferers Swear By Springy Shoes

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Some say a pair of shoes will help people bounce back from leg and foot pain.
Things started hopping at the Z-Coil store in Urbandale about a year ago and business has been bouncing right along ever since.

Donna Moore, of Des Moines, suffers from severe back pain and wears the coil-soled shoes.

"They feel terrific. (They are) better than the ones I had on when I came in," she said.
The secret is in the springs.

"They take pressure off the hips, knees and the lower back," said the store's manager Linda Stougard.
She said the coils spread a person's weight evenly over his foot.

"They tip your pelvis forward and allow you to stand up straighter," Stougard said.

"I walked in here when I bought these and I was limping and I'm not kidding you a bit," said Marv Schafer, of Grimes, who has been wearing his shoes for a month.

"They are the best thing I've ever bought. I'm not kidding," Schafer said. (Read More, Watch Video)

No comments: