Monday, December 13, 2004

Blog: Tangled Threads and Seaweed: In Absentia

Going to visit doctors has become a big part of my life. I don't know how old people can stand to do this all the time, because it makes me crazy. Sure, you know what day it is, but it is exhausting to do all this running around. Getting older just isn't easy or fun. The day after my stitches came out of the left hand/wrist, I had a checkup with the orthopedic doctor. That office was stacked full of people, and I was glad Joe didn't come with me for that appointment. It took over 1.5 hours total - I got my knee drained again and a different medication injected into it which is supposed to be a better anti-inflammatory treatment. Since I was still having problems walking well, we discussed braces, drugs, and other longer-term treatments...

I also got a pair of the Z-Coil shoes like Joe has been wearing and I noticed a HUGE improvement after just one afternoon.

If only these shoes weren't so damn ugly... they have a huge coil spring under the heel which provides cushioning from the impact of walking. They are marketed for relief from heel, leg, and back pain. They aren't cheap but they sure seem to be worth the cost.

No comments: