Monday, May 23, 2005

May Is Correct Posture Month; Help Align Your Spine With Appropriate Footwear


( Albuquerque, NM ) – May is Correct Posture Month and according to an article on Spine-Health.com, “Not maintaining good posture and adequate back support can add strain to muscles and put stress on the spine. Over time, the stress of poor posture can change the anatomical characteristics of the spine, leading to the possibility of constricted blood vessels and nerves, as well as problems with muscles, discs and joints. All of these can be major contributors to back and neck pain, as well as headaches, fatigue, and possibly even concerns with major organs and breathing.”

Our mothers and our teachers told us for years to stand up straight and sit up straight! Little did we know how important those words would be later in life. One small change could make huge improvements for posture and the painful effects after years of poor posture. Finding proper footwear could help with alignment and support.

A new line of footwear, Z-CoiL® Pain Relief Footwear™ which is engineered to help alleviate foot, leg and back pain, is also helping to improve posture and body alignment.

“Since childhood, I’ve had a tendency toward flat feet, a slumped posture, and overall tightness in muscles and joints,” says Javan Oston, D.C. of Albuquerque. “Biomechanically, I knew I needed something more in the way of foot support, but had never had good results with traditional orthotics.”

Nearly a year ago, Javan tried Z-CoiL® footwear on the recommendation of two patients and he says it has made a huge difference for him. “To date, my posture is straighter, my arches are higher and stronger, and I am less tight and tired at the end of the day. Due to my better alignment in the Z-CoiL® footwear, I believe that all my muscles are more “switched on” and that it takes less effort to perform the same tasks. I wear my Z-CoiL ® shoes throughout my workday, and now cannot imagine doing without them.”

The unique footwear incorporates a rigid full-length orthotic for mid-foot support, superior forefront cushioning to help soften each step and a conical-shaped steel coil in the heel, which provides the extraordinary impact reduction. Even though pain reduction is the primary focus of the footwear, a positive side effect for many Z-CoiL® wearers is improved posture.

Dr. Aaron, Kaufman, D.O. from the Integrative Medicine Clinic in Albuquerque has also had positive posture results in the footwear.

“I immediately felt more relaxed in my back and straighter in my posture,” he says. “My feet stopped hurting and I wasn’t tired and in pain at the end of the day. It’s hard to think about wearing any other shoes now because these feel so good.”

No comments: