Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Nurses Discover How to Take Care of Themselves to Improve Care to Others

Press Release

Z-CoiL® Footwear of Albuquerque Thanks Nurses during National Nurses Week, May 6-12

( Martinsville, IN ) – “I had severe pain in the heel area of both of my feet from spending so much time pounding my feet over concrete floors,” says Debra Davis, a traveling emergency room nurse, based in Indiana. “When I went home at night I couldn't stand to walk on my feet at all and would hobble around and sometimes had so much pain that even the next day I could hardly walk. I slept with my feet off the end of the bed every night so that my heels wouldn't touch the bed.”

Debra’s pain problems are not an anomaly in the medical profession. Doctors, nurses and medical technicians spend countless hours on their feet, taking care of patients, while often not taking care of their own pain.

May 6-12 is National Nurses Week and Z-CoiL Footwear of Albuquerque honors and thanks nurses for being such strong supporters of Z-CoiL® Pain Relief Footwear™. The unique footwear is growing in popularity throughout the medical community as its incredible pain-relief properties are being realized.

“I have been wearing them for a year now and the only time my heels have hurt in that entire year was on two occasions when I wore regular shoes to work instead of my Z-CoiL® shoes,” Debra says. “I don't wear my Z-CoiL® shoes anywhere except to work and I don't have problems with heel pain anymore!”

Z-CoiL® Pain Relief Footwear™ is specifically engineered to relieve foot, leg, and back pain, through a combination of three special components. Most visibly is the large conical-shaped coil in the heel that has been tested by the U.S. Department of Energy to reduce impact and the force of each step by up to 50 percent. A built-in three-quarter length orthotic supports the foot from the heel to the metatarsal heads, helping to distribute pressure evenly throughout the foot. Additionally, superior cushioning under the forefoot helps to temper each step.

“It's really funny because some people say "WOW, those are the coolest shoes I've ever seen!" I tell them "I don't know about cool looking all I know is that my feet don't hurt anymore and they could look horrible and I wouldn't care at all,” Debra adds. (more)

Nurse Z-Story

"I am a nurse and I work with people who have extensive problems with their feet, as I do," says Diane Sepulveda of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. "Everyone states the shoes look strange, but once I tell them how great they feel, they are ready to buy two pairs (themselves). I really can't remember being so profoundly positive about anything in my life. These shoes are the best I have ever worn in my 36 years of nursing."

No comments: