Wednesday, May 11, 2005

National Physical Fitness Month Encourages Americans to Get Moving for Health

Press Release

Z-CoiL® Can Help You Get Moving With Proper Footwear

( Albuquerque, NM ) – May has been designated National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. It is the perfect opportunity to make a new commitment to personal health and fitness.

Obesity is vastly becoming the biggest health concern nationwide. According to the latest government statistics from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 65 percent of Americans are overweight and nearly 30 percent are considered obese. The problem with extra weight is that it increases the risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and other chronic diseases. Additionally, the extra weight puts stress on the back and lower joints.

The government’s latest recommendations for weight loss include 60 to 90 minutes of vigorous daily exercise. However, being overweight and starting an exercising routine can be a Catch-22 because pain in the feet, knees and lower back often accompanies the workout. If the pain becomes too intense, workouts are abandoned and weight continues to increase.

According to the University of Maryland Medical Center website, “the impact of each step exerts tremendous force on the feet. This force is about 50 percent greater than the person's body weight. During a typical day, the average person spends about four hours on his or her feet and takes between 8,000 and 10,000 steps. This means that the feet support a combined force equivalent to several hundred tons every day.”

Since walking is the best form of exercise that nearly anyone can do, walking smart can increase your exercise success. The best tool to help get moving is a proper pair of shoes. A relatively new line of footwear, Z-CoiL® Pain Relief Footwear™ is specifically engineered to help alleviate foot, leg and back pain, in turn helping to increase activity levels and general mobility.

“I am a diabetic. I heard about your shoes from a friend and a nurse I know. My feet were in constant pain. I thought it was because I had a couple of toes amputated last year. I was only able to walk about a hundred feet without pain,” says Michael Weaver of Jonesboro, AK. “This week I purchased a pair of your shoes. I put them on in the store. Before I left the store, all the pain in my feet had stopped. The rest of the day I walked around, and the next day, and the next, and so on. I have gotten overweight due to sitting around with sore feet. But now I am walking every day. I know I am losing weight now. That can only be good for a diabetic.”

Michael is just one of thousands who are experiencing incredible results from Z-CoiL® Pain Relief Footwear™. The revolutionary shoes are helping to bring back quality of life for many.

No comments: