Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Top Ten Walking FAQs

Top Ten Walking FAQs: "Over the years, I've received thousands of letters and e-mails from people wanting to know more about specific walking-related issues. Many of the questions come up over and over again. Here are the most frequently asked ones.

Back to Basics

Q: What's the best time of day to walk?

A: It varies from one person to the next. To me, any time of day is perfect. In the summer, I love to walk in the mornings, when it's cool and the sun is up early. In the winter, I usually try to walk on my lunch hour, since that's the warmest part of the day. The fresh air revitalizes me for the afternoon, plus I get a healthy dose of vitamin D from the sun's rays.

The real question is, when are you most willing and able to walk? That's the best time for you."

Learn about the basics--from avoiding blisters to replacing shoes

by Maggie Spilner
Prevention Magazine


Click Title For More

No comments: