Saturday, April 23, 2005

Press Release: Gear up for National Arthritis Month by Helping Relieve Pain in a Unique Way

Revolutionary Z-CoiL® Footwear is One Method to Help Arthritis Sufferers


Bellevue, WA -- The Arthritis Foundation designates May as National Arthritis Month and during the month Americans nationwide participate in Arthritis walks to raise awareness and research money. According to the Arthritis Foundation, “Arthritis is one of the most prevalent chronic health problems and the nation’s leading cause of disability among Americans over age 15 and is second only to heart disease as a cause of work disability.”

For the millions in this country who suffer from arthritis and the associated pain there may be a much simpler solution than prescription medication to help ease pain and it comes in the form of proper footwear. New Mexican, Al Gallegos, who knows the pain of arthritis and sports related injuries, is providing extraordinary pain relief to thousands through his Z-CoiL® Pain Relief Footwear.

These “funny-looking shoes with the steel spring in the heel” have dramatically changed lives for many people, young and old, who report either complete relief or a significant reduction in pain when wearing their Z-CoiL® shoes.

“As recently as 11 months ago, I was having severe problems with arthritis in both knees—so much so that I could barely get through a day at work. I work in retail, which requires being on my feet all day,” says Alex Tate. “I was also about forty pounds overweight, which my doctor advised was adding more to my problems. With all that pain, it was hard to exercise and thus all the more difficult to lose weight.”

Since purchasing his first pair of Z-CoiL® footwear Alex says, “Since the end of August, I have lost 59 pounds. I had some help with a change in diet, but mostly increasing my exercise has been the key. Now I even lightly jog for a part of my walking time five to six days per week. I’m healthier now than I was in my 20s and the arthritis is a non-issue.”

Alex’s story may seem remarkable but other arthritis sufferers are experiencing the same results from this unique footwear.

Osteoarthritis sufferer Denise Berger, has lived with pain for more than 25 years since being diagnosed in her early 30s. “This progressed to degenerative disc disease and resulted in my having five cervical discs fused and plated,” she says. “I had two consecutive operations on lumbar discs 4 and 5 with S1 also being fused and plated.

“I am an RN and work in a cancer research hospital and at times I am on my feet for at least 8-10 hours straight,” Denise adds. “My heels were hurting because I am a heavy “heel walker” and it was also putting undo pressure on my spine. I wore tennis shoes; I have literally tried every shoe on the market, but none made my feet happy.”

Denise was excited to find Z-CoiL® footwear because it has helped her in many ways.

“My feet were so happy at work, it seemed a shame to wear other shoes when I wasn’t working,” she says. “Because of the degenerative disc disease of my spine, I lost approximately ½" in height and I have been praying for height all my life. It's funny that it took 56 years to do it. I can't thank Z-CoiL enough for bringing the “spring” back in my step and happiness back into my life. If my feet are happy, then I am too.” (more)

No comments: